[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS? For What?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jul 13 14:45:10 PDT 2006

Two uDig comments:

1 - In the interim, if you publish your satimage using a WMS service
like Mapserver you can bring WMS impages into uDig without any problems
and digitize off of them. (Also, try the v. v. latest uDig 1.1RC
candidates, as the PostGIS support has been worked on a lot recently).
2 - There is a big upgrade in the raster/image handling in geotools
going through right now, flowing out of work done in NATO over the past
year. When that work is in, uDig gets a free and good upgrade in imagery
support, which will take very little effort to bring forward to the
user.  Hopefully before the 1.1 release, but perhaps for 1.1.1.

Paul